Ancient Den deck guide

Ancient Den

• Ancient Den (Normal)

Ancient Den (Normal) is your (almost typical) Windy Cliff Deck set-up. You want to run a few types of things.

• Vigilance
    • Backstab
    • Spells (Fireball, True Shoot, Slash, Smite, etc)

Those are the basics into a Windy Deck. With some commons, rares, or epic rank you can easily beat Ancient Den (Normal) just like that.
    No real troubles too it. I've been running Ancient Den for awhile trying to snap pictures, ideas, and ways to go about it. For (Normal) all you need is a basic Windy Deck and no real troubles will follow. I'd suggest levels 25-30+ though.

• Team requirements? Any class.

• Deck requirements 20-30 cards.

• Ancient Den (Hard)

You'll want to run a deck filled with Windy Cliff style cards (E.g. vigilance, backstab, etc) but more powerful. Your best bet is to run a few walls, vigilance, and spells. Here are a few examples of cards you should carry.

You can carry these cards in any rank but the higher the better. Now after seeing this choice you must be thinking "Well duh. Sanc is everywhere but why walls?" You can use walls in a very nice way during this boss fight. You can choose to place it on the blue portal or place it in square one right in front of you. Placing it in square one allows for every wave of lions to attack a wall instead of your health while placing it on a blue portal can stop lions from being summoned, however, putting your walls further up puts them in danger of being hit by both spells and monsters alike.

Here a few prime examples of how to deal with the
    Nemean Lion .

1. Using the walls and magma to your advantage.
    2. Placing walls on the portals to not allow them to be summoned. Due to the fact they're walls they cannot move and this makes for them as great blockers. This also makes your monsters go slower (sometimes) because they take a turn to walk over the wall, that is why I prefer to place walls only in square one of each line.
    3. Seeing that three is magma where the portal is going to be placed. The portal cannot work if magma is already there, however magma can be put under a portal (portal first, magma second = okay. Magma first, portal second = Not okay)
    4. Placing your monsters on the portal which stops them from being summoned. This can be tricky since your units move.

Now that you have a basic idea of what to use and what to avoid lets go into some details.

• Portals come four times every single game (unless you kill the boss very early)
    • Sometimes a portal can have this type of monster come out.

You'll want to kill it ASAP. This creature is bad luck. It doesn't only damage you for five but also makes a card in your hand (Teams hand) go up by two which is really bad for a stage like this. You may just want to restart if you don't have anything to kill it that very turn.

• A good deck to run?

You'll want to run things differently depending on your class.

• Archers - You should run Disinformation, Doublestab, Repture, and True shoot. You're going to try to take out Nemean Lions before they attack if no one can do it. Seeing as magma takes two damage of their five health a repture can almost always clear out four of them or the equivalency of one portal. Your skills are for early game.

• Mages - You should run Petrify, Blizzard, Fireball, and Deep Freeze. Your skills are for late game.

• Priests - You should run Sanctuary, Righteous Judgement, and Inspire (sometimes), and Smite. Your skills are for late game.

• Warriors - You should run Warcry, heroic, Slash, and Vigilance. Your skills are for early game.

Now that you know a around-about way of what skills and cards to run we should talk about your struggles. Unlike Sanguine Tribe where you can throw at your Desperate Soul and take a whole line away it wont work for Ancient Den. This boss carries a spell that looks similar to Doublestab but can take out Desperate Soul in a single hit. People are calling it "Reaper" an automatic death of two monsters on the battle field. I believe he carries 5-6 of them. Once they're gone only then should you throw out your big guns.

Early Game Ancient Den (Hard)

In the earlier points of the fight you'll just be focused on trying to stall out the portals while trying to kill as many monsters as possible. You don't have much else to do aside from that. DO NOT waste your nice/good/high powered cards such as Desperate Soul or Sancturay. The bosses skill goes through sancturay and will just kill your monster. You'll need to wait until that skill is used up. The time of (about) when it's all gone is near the time Brimmestone Unicorn appears.

Late Game Ancient Den (Hard
    )

In the late game all the portals are gone and you don't need to worry of direct attacks aside from his summoned monsters. You do need to be worried over the Ancient Chimeras' that can do double damage (sometimes). Also each creature has the ability Alpha Male which gives +1 attack and +3 Life to the creature for every monster that the boss summons. The boss tends to play fifteen cards all at once towards the end which is when this becomes more of a challenge. This part in late game is where you use your great creatures and amazingly good spells to try and wipe out his cards as quick as you can. The boss may make you deck out so try and get as much damage as possible on the field towards the end.

• Team requirements? You'll want want to bring One Archer, one mage, and two priests or one archer, one priest, and two mage/one mage, and one warrior.

• Deck requirements? 20-25 cards for Archers and priests, mages and warriors can use more.
    Last edited by verix; 10-24-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Re: Ancient Den deck guide

Quote Originally Posted by verix View Post
    Ancient Den

• Ancient Den (Hard)

In the late game all the portals are gone and you don't need to worry of direct attacks aside from his summoned monsters.

We get double reaped even after unicorn is there on hard...

This map in hard is so easy it doesn't matter what classes you take, we have beaten it with 1 of each, a combination of 2-3, and last time through we beat it 3x with a warrior and 3 rangers. Knowing how to play is more productive then having a set rule or role in place.

Also, field skills placed on top of portals remove the portals.

So far we have beaten the boss the fastest by round 10.We have also, with no priest or sancts been able to hold off and defeat the onslaught of insane creatures with 40+ life at the end to beat the boss. Remeber though past turn 20 your in sudden death mode and you lose 1 life per turn, great place to drink your milk

Mage running deep freeze and petrify will not do anything late game. Depending on how late is your late game. The guardian are unaffected by petrify/blizzard/deep freeze and they possess dispel which will just basically removes the petrify/deep freeze on anything since boss spams them at the end.

Best to run fireball(save for brimstone unicorn, you must kill this asap if you don't kill it on the turn it is summon then prepare for 7+ guardian rush at the end), kill easy chimera/squirrel that supports the guardian)/fog(early portal lion rush)/meditation(brings back fireball or armageddon)/Armageddon(if you have).

Also, this boss fight is very scripted and what he draws are pretty much the same every time. The boss has 3 phases in this fight.

-Early portal rush with lesser griffin/chimera with spellfire chimera.
    -Portal with magma pit plus a brimstone unicorn on turn 11-12.
    -Late game guardian power with crowded nid.

Use your card wisely, don't waste on unnecessary things.
    Last edited by Chaosmagic; 10-25-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Banned

nice! sticky worthy

Arcane Crystal Tower/Tower of Crystal put in line 2-3,1st cell. I don't know if this work: Blessing Resistance on those towers. But at least : Blessing Regenerate/Blessing Life on those.Need nuke when someone gonna put it.
    You also should bring some Elven Rebel/Blessed Elven Samurai since they have Nimble(boss can't kill if they stand alone,no unit in preference,remember this)
    Armor 1( can take some Griffyns) Magic Resistance 4( good tank for those Chimera)
    The most important thing is kill the Unicorn Brimstone asap and saving Sanc for late game.
    It's my opinion,correct me if you see any problems. Have a nice day :P

Schivver's Avatar Godlike Member

Quote Originally Posted by foxsup1990 View Post
    Arcane Crystal Tower/Tower of Crystal put in line 2-3,1st cell. I don't know if this work: Blessing Resistance on those towers. But at least : Blessing Regenerate/Blessing Life on those.Need nuke when someone gonna put it.
    You also should bring some Elven Rebel/Blessed Elven Samurai since they have Nimble(boss can't kill if they stand alone,no unit in preference,remember this)
    Armor 1( can take some Griffyns) Magic Resistance 4( good tank for those Chimera)
    The most important thing is kill the Unicorn Brimstone asap and saving Sanc for late game.
    It's my opinion,correct me if you see any problems. Have a nice day :P
    It's useless to put blessing :resistance on those crystal tower, except if they took the magic attack directly.
    Also the boss has a skill called reaper which will immediately kill enemy creatures in 2x1 area. Even if they're nimble, they can be killed.

i dont know if the new ancient den is kinds different or what but the new one is harder..

lol after all nobody name the elves... some of them have resist (not pegas.), armor and good life (but poor atk) they easily can counter the nemean lion and the rest of the creatures, to null the magma pool field skills like rally point are usefull (dunno if works on summon gate).

For Ancient Den, it is basically your Windy Cliff stage 2 deck, but with walls added. All you need to know are when and where to place your walls so they block the portals, and you'll be good to go.

Also, an important thing to note is that on Ancient Den hard, after the boss is finished using all of his portals, he will summon a lot of monsters with the same effect as the Crowned Nid (+1 attack and +3 health for every other friendly beast monster on the field), and they cannot be affected by negative affects, such as Petrify or Deep Freeze. To counter this, the best thing to use is Sanctuary, but it is not needed. Creatures like Desperate Soul and Smasha' Rulk work just as well.

I dunno I just skimmed through this, but it might help to make players aware what turns to play walls, the columns are different for norm/hard, but the turns are the same. columns 4,3,2,1 for hard, columns 7,5,3,1 for normal. Someone check me on this, but I think it's 1,4 or 5,9, 12 or 13 for the summoning circles. It's been a while, so I don't remember the turns off the top of my head, but it's the same each time. Walls should be AT MOST CD 3, but I like to lean towards 1 or 2.

On another note, u should try to avoid playing creatures side by side to avoid mulitiple creatures from getting wiped by boss backstab like skill. Harder to do compared to lair where the skill is one creature above another.

putting walls, field kills or creatures over portal can really help you.