[Mage Thread] Help on playing as a mage

I think we should start a few thread for each class and explain, and give tips in these threads on what we do and how we do. Stats, skills, etc.

Firstly, I'm fairly new to mage, but it's pretty much the same as I played Archer on the Wartunes own servers.
    I firstly focus my attributes to MATK and Int, obviously. Preferrably int, since it also gives MDEF.
    And on the skill part, I focus on 1 single target skill and 1 aoe skill, these being the first two that mages get, Lightning Bolt and Rain of Fire. Its much more usable to have these focused, than having all skills at level 1, this being on the early on ofcourse.

Re: [Mage Thread] Help on playing as a mage

You forget to mention your skill tree

DPS/Healer.

Then the runes+astrals(Mainly the crit reduction as it owns).

Quote Originally Posted by Patyfatycake View Post
    You forget to mention your skill tree

DPS/Healer.

Then the runes+astrals(Mainly the crit reduction as it owns).
    Crit reduction astral helps only when you know you're facing an archer.
    I'd suggest the standard kinds in all other cases: matk, pdef, mdef, hp. I forget their names, but the "disable crit but increases dmg" and "reduce dmg by x%" are two good alternatives as well for later levels.

If you're really into it, you can even have WB specific astrals: matk, crit, increase crit dmg.

Runes also depend on the situation, rage rune is the most valuable to a mage. All other runes setup should not be much different than other classes.

Skill tree is best if you spend the $10 to buy double skills. In my opinion, mages are the only class that this $10 is worth spending. Otherwise, go with some type of hybrid since you'll need lvl 2 Restore in order to get the MDEF passive skill anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jns2 View Post
    Crit reduction astral helps only when you know you're facing an archer.
    I'd suggest the standard kinds in all other cases: matk, pdef, mdef, hp. I forget their names, but the "disable crit but increases dmg" and "reduce dmg by x%" are two good alternatives as well for later levels.

If you're really into it, you can even have WB specific astrals: matk, crit, increase crit dmg.

Runes also depend on the situation, rage rune is the most valuable to a mage. All other runes setup should not be much different than other classes.

Skill tree is best if you spend the $10 to buy double skills. In my opinion, mages are the only class that this $10 is worth spending. Otherwise, go with some type of hybrid since you'll need lvl 2 Restore in order to get the MDEF passive skill anyways.
    I already know this but it was suggestions for him to add to his content. By crit reduction I dont know what i was thinking I meant will destroyer.

Disable crit but increases damage = will destroyer

You need double skill tree for archers otherwise you fall way behind in crypt.
    Last edited by Patyfatycake; 03-27-2013 at 01:55 AM.

ok this is something that is confusing me a bit but when i get what i would class as mage specific attributes on my armor the equipment rating is a lot lower than when i get what i would class as knight attributes can someone tell me what is the best attributes to get on equipment for a mage

Quote Originally Posted by Haemophile View Post
    ok this is something that is confusing me a bit but when i get what i would class as mage specific attributes on my armor the equipment rating is a lot lower than when i get what i would class as knight attributes can someone tell me what is the best attributes to get on equipment for a mage
    On your gears: intel and matk are must haves. Other desirable attributes are def, mdef, pdef, endurance, and hp. Some exotic builds may look for block or crit.
    On your astrals: matk, mdef, pdef are must haves. The rest can be hp, will destroyer, goddess blessing / aegis (aegis at lower level, swap to g. blessing later)
    On your gems: matk, mdef, pdef. Hp if nothing else.
    Last edited by Jns2; 05-22-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Typo